Southern Blackeyed Peas
Nothing like a good pot of blackeyed peas! Who's got the cornbread!!!!!
- 16 ounces dried black-eyed peas, rinsed and sorted
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- black pepper, to taste
- As stated above, sort and wash the peas well. Soak the peas in twice as much water as beans. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain water of peas place in a pot with twice as much cold water as peas. place lid on pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to low. Do not open the lid for 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile - Saute the onions and ham in butter. Place onion/ham mixture and salt to peas. Simmer until tender. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- CROCK POT METHOD
- Presoak peas as directed. Drain the water from the peas and place peas in a crock pot. Add all other ingredients, plus enough water to cover. Stir well to mix. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8-10 hours.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/