Rotisserie Style Chicken ( oven method)
You say that you don't have a rotisserie rod for your grill. Don't fear, this is the oven method. Comes out just as good. You can cook it in your oven or on your grill, using the indirect heat method.
- 1 each Whole chicken, washed 3-1/2lb and up
- 1/4 cup LIQUID SMOKE
- 1/4 cup BUTTER MELTED
- 1 Tbsp SALT
- 1 Tbsp PEPPER
- 1 Tbsp CHILI POWDER
- 1-1/2 cups BROWN SUGAR
- Rub chicken with smoke thoroughly, making sure all areas are covered.
- Combine the salt, pepper, chili powder and brown sugar together until well blended.
- Rub chicken with spice mixture thoroughly, making sure all areas of the chicken are covered.
- Place in 2 inch baking pan, DO NOT ADD WATER TO PAN, refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight. Drain any liquid that accumulates.
- Bake at 325 F for 1 hour 35 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before carving. Enjoy
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/