Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling
I found this recipe, had to give it a try. Wonderful!!!
- 6 medium Idaho® Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 slices soft white bread
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly with a fork
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Boil potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Place potatoes in a medium mixing bowl. Mash potatoes by hand or with an electric mixer. Mix until smooth.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt margarine. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and celery has softened. Add onions and celery to potato mixture; mix to combine.
- Add beaten eggs, parsley, salt and pepper to potato mixture; mix to combine. Transfer potato mixture to bowl with the bread pieces, stir by hand to combine well.
- Place mixture into the casserole and bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Top with your favorite gravy.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/