Pasta Peanut Stir-Fry
This is a vegetarian dish, until I eat it with a marinated chicken next to it, smile!!
- 1 pound Linguine, Spaghetti, or Thin Spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 medium carrots, cut julienne
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, cut julienne
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium, defatted chicken broth
- Black pepper, to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Warm 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large non-stick wok or skillet over high heat. Add the carrots and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Add the red pepper flakes, cucumbers and scallions to the wok or skillet. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to the wok or skillet. Season with pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour the vegetables over pasta. Toss well and serve immediately.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/