Lemon Streusel Bars
Lemon! Lemon! Lemon!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 9 Tbsp. lemon juice, or juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tsp lemon peel
- 1 tsp. orange peel
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Cream butter and sugar. Add flour and oatmeal to make a crumbly dough. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and peels. Mix well.
- In a buttered 9x13 pan, press 3/4 of the of dough into the pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk mixture over the dough. Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top of the entire mixture so that it resembles streusel.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Tip: Heat lemon in micro for a few seconds and you will get more juice.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/