Fun Filled Chili
Mini meatballs in a bowl chili, "I've never hear of such a thing"
- Ground Beef, 80/20 1 lb
- Sausage, breakfast links, fresh, or Italian, rope 1 lb
- Oil, veg or olive 1/4 cup
- Butter 2 Tbsp
- Onion, small diced 1 large
- Chili powder 1/4 cup
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Tomatoes, diced, canned 1 - 14 oz can
- Beans, pinto, black , white, drained & rinsed 1 each (3 total)
- Water 3 cups
- Saute rope sausage in whole links until done, set aside, cut into 1/2 inch slices crosswise. Roll the ground beef into large marble size balls. Brown with a small amount of oil if needed.
- Saute onions in a large sauce until caramelized, deglaze pan with water, add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans and sausage, cook for 20 minutes on medium heat, add meatballs. Reduce heat simmer 1 - 4 hours.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/