Festive Chicken Dip
This dip is worth the work!
- 2 whole broiler-fryer chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into tiny pieces
- 4 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 16 ounces refried beans with cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 tablespoon picante sauce
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 tomatoes, chopped fine
- 4 1/4 ounces black olives, chopped
- Place chopped chicken in small bowl. Sprinkle with 4 tablespoons of the lime juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper; mix well and let stand while assembling dip.
- 2. In another bowl, mix together refried beans, 1/2 cup of the sour cream, half of the taco seasoning mix (about 2-1/2 tablespoons) and picante sauce.
- 3. Spread bean mixture in bottom of shallow, 2-quart, oblong casserole dish. Mix chopped avocado with remaining 1/2 tablespoon lime juice and sprinkle over bean mixture. Mix remaining 1 cup sour cream with remaining 1/2 package taco seasoning mix.
- 4. Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in 10-inch non-stick fry pan and heat over high temperature until oil is very hot; add seasoned chicken, spreading in one layer (do not stir). Cook until chicken is brown on bottom and no liquid is visible, about 2 minutes.
- 5. Turn chicken, brown side up, and continue to cook in very hot fry pan until the other side is brown and no liquid remains. Remove chicken to cold platter and break into little pieces with fork. Spread cooked chicken on avocado in dish, then spread on sour cream mixture. Next layer cheese, then onion, then tomatoes; top with black olives. Refrigerate until completely chilled. Serve with salsa-flavored tortilla chips.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/