Baked Creamy Chicken Breast over Pasta
Great dish, the sauce is delightful!
- Penne pasta noodles 6 ounces
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1 lb
- Extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup
- Minced garlic 1 clove
- Green or red pepper, diced 1 medium
- reduced fat cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- Frozen green peas 1 cup
- Reduced fat or skim milk 3/4 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package. Cook until the pasta is al dente and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cut the boneless, skinless chicken breasts into strips or fairly large chunks and place in skillet along with minced garlic and diced red or green pepper. Cook for approximately six minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the chicken and vegetable mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until heated through.
- Add the pasta, tossing gently to coat, and serve immediately.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/