Apple Sausage Quiche
Sweet apple in a quiche, great dish!!
- Pastry for two 9-inch pies
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups apples, peeled and sliced (I combine different varieties like Ida Reds and Goldens)
- 1 small can mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- Put pastry in pie pans, trim and prick bottom and sides. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Layer cheese, sausage, apples and mushrooms into pie shells.
- Combine other ingredients and beat well. Pour half quiche mixture in each pie shell.
- Bake at 375º degrees for 45 minutes or until set. Let sit several minutes before serving.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/