Angel hair pasta with Shrimp and Sesame sauce
Shrimp and roasted sesame seeds make this dish great!
- 8 ounces Angel Hair (Capellini), uncooked
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chutney
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 pound frozen medium shrimp, thawed
- repare pasta according to package directions; two minutes before pasta is done, add asparagus pieces. When pasta and asparagus are done, drain.
- Place oil, garlic and mushrooms in a 2-quart saucepan. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, chutney, toasted sesame seeds, scallions and vinegar.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Add shrimp to the sauce and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes. Toss shrimp and sauce with pasta and asparagus and serve.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/