Eldorado Style Pasta Primavera
Great dish, choice your meat and get cooking!
- 1/2 c fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves or 1 Tsp dried
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed and chopped fine
- 1 sm. zucchini, diced
- 1/2 med green pepper, diced
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dry red wine or 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, drained, reserve the liquid
- 1 reg. size can crushed tomatoes
- 1 choice of meat* optional (1/2 lb)
- 1 pkg. fresh pasta (3/4 lb.)
- Chop basil leaves into thin ribbons, then cut crosswise, chop oregano leaves finely. Put oil into a heavy pot or frying pan (big enough to make the sauce in).
- 2. Add all the herbs and veggies and sauté. (Wonderful aroma) Add the pinch of pepper flakes, lemon juice and vinegar or wine, if using that.
- 3. Stir in the meat, stir until cooked. Add the tomato chunks and crushed tomatoes. Stir in some of the reserved
- liquid, if it is too thick. Heat though and stir in the cheese
- 4. Serve over hot fresh pasta (fettucini) or cooked spaghetti noodles.
- Pass the parmesan and the pepper mill.
- *MEAT SUGGESTIONS: Chopped chicken breast, ground beef, shrimp, salmon, Italian sausage.
- Fresh basil is the secret ingredient and is fabulous in this dish
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/