Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-ish box yellow cake mix (if you'd like a more cake-like consistensy, use more - up to the full box. If you'd like it to be more like a pie texture, use around 1/2 the box)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices until well combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with yellow cake mix. I prefer a half of a box, but use more if you want it to be very cakey.
- Sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the custard is set.
- Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/