Apple Cheesecake Pie
A nice combination of a cheesecake and fresh apple pie!
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- APPLE FILLING
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups peeled, cored, sliced Jonathon or Granny Smith apples (about 2 lbs. or 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Heat oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg, apple juice and vanilla in small bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Spread evenly in unbaked pie crust.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Place apple slices in large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat. Spoon over cheesecake filling in pie crust. Dot evenly with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place over filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Flutes edges. Cut slits in top cru